Craniosacral therapy is a subtle and relaxing healing method with a profound positive impact on the entire body. It activates the body's natural capacity for self-repair.
It developed from the work of the American Osteopath Dr. W. G. Sutherland. The name comes from the words "cranium" (skull) and "sacrum" (sacral bone). With gentle contact I can perceive different craniosacral rhythms within the body, which are expressed by the faint movement of bones, membranes and tissues. This "breath of life" materializes through the fluctuations of the cerebrospinal fluid in the body, similar to the ebb and flow of the sea.
Craniosacral therapy works on the physiological and the psychological level.
Craniosacral therapy is particularily appropriate for:
- headaches, neck and back pain
- tinnitus, dizziness
- burnout, depression, sleeping disorders
- post-traumatic stress disorder
- whiplash trauma
- support during and after pregnancy
- evening care for mothers and newborn babies
- support of the immune system
- post-operative rehabilitation
- central nervous system disorders, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- birth trauma
- temporomandibular dysfunction (TMD)
- the regulation of the organs, the lymph system, the hormone system, and the central nervous system
Craniosacral Therapy is so gentle that it is suitable for babies, the elderly and other vulnerable patients.
A session generally takes an hour and you will usually lie fully clothed on a treatment couch. Before the first treatment, a full medical history is taken and we will discuss the reason for the consultation. All information is completely confidential (as required with all registered practitioners).
The treatment is covered by most health insurance policies. I am recognized by the EMR.